- This event has passed.
Pioneer Living History Festival
June 10, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$6
Join us for a fun-filled day of pioneer activities and exploring! Our third annual Living History Festival takes place on Saturday June 10th, at the Camas Country Mill Bakery and Schoolhouse.
This fundraiser for the SCEC will be an event not to miss!
Cost: $6 per person or $20 for a family of four (additional guests $5).
Location: Singing Creek Educational Center and the Pioneer Schoolhouse at Camas Country Mill.
91949 Purkerson Rd, Junction City, OR. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy hands-on family fun:
- Washing clothes pioneer-style
- Hayride along the creek (tickets $1.00 each)
- Trappers and Miners camp
- Weaving on a loom/ try a drop spindle/ learn about plant cordage
- Make your own clay bead
- Make your own lemonade
- Try Spinning wool with our spinning wheel
- Try some local honey/ learn about beekeeping
- Play pioneer games: bean bag toss, knock the cans, and ring toss
- Pet a horse: mustang from Wild Ones Youth Ranch
- Live Fiddle/Americana music all day
- Explore our nature touch table: animal furs,bones and more
- Learn about local history: Opal Whiteley, Pioneer settlers, and more
- Fabulous Raffle with prizes like handmade spun wool, books, massage and restaurant gift certificates, and more!
- Shop: beads, baskets, handmade soaps, and more!
- Enjoy fresh baked goodies and lunch from the Camas Country Mill Bakery on-site
- Kids: Get your pioneer passport stamped at some of the booths and turn it in for a prize!
See our Living History Page on this website for all the details!