Special Events: Living History Festival
Third Annual Living History Festival
at Singing Creek Educational Center & the Pioneer Schoolhouse
Saturday June 10th, 2017 10am to 4pm
Cost: $6 per person or $20 for a family of four (additional guests $5).
Location: Singing Creek Educational Center and the Pioneer Schoolhouse at Camas Country Bakery & Schoolhouse.
91949 Purkerson Rd, Junction City, OR. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy hands-on family fun:
- Washing clothes pioneer-style
- Hayride along the creek (tickets $1.00 each)
- Trappers and Miners camp
- Weaving on a loom/ try a drop spindle/ learn about plant cordage
- Make your own clay bead
- Make your own lemonade
- Try Spinning wool with our spinning wheel
- Try some local honey/ learn about beekeeping
- Play pioneer games: bean bag toss, knock the cans, and ring toss
- Pet a horse: mustang from Wild Ones Youth Ranch
- Live Fiddle/Americana music all day
- Explore our nature touch table: animal furs,bones and more
- Learn about local history: Opal Whiteley, Pioneer settlers, and more
- Fabulous Raffle with prizes like quilts, books, massage and restaurant gift certificates, and more!
- Shop: beads, baskets, handmade soaps, and more!
- Enjoy fresh baked goodies and lunch from the Camas Country Mill Bakery on-site
- Kids: Get your pioneer passport stamped at some of the booths and turn it in for a prize!
Join us for Live Music!
Old Time Fiddlers Assn.—1pm
Lake Toba— 2:30pm
Watch a slideshow from the past two years of our festival:
Shop from these vendors at the festival:
Healthy Bees=Healthy Gardens, Jen Hornaday
honey, healthy garden signs, bee jewelry, beeswax
Goat milk soaps, lotions and other products
Beads, shells, coins and jewelry
Karen Pierce Knitting
Handmade knitted and crocheted items
Location is the Pioneer Schoolhouse, built in 1898, just next door to the Camas Country Bakery and Farm Store.
You will need to sign our liability waiver upon entering the festival. Please no pets unless they are clearly marked assistance dogs. This is a drug and alcohol free event. Please respect the neighbors; this is private property.
Parking is on a flat gravel driveway or on a flat mowed lawn. Please carpool to minimize impact on the property.