Special Events: Pioneer Living History Festival
NEW for 2019: Join us at the Bohemia Mining Days Festival in Cottage Grove on July 18, 19, and 20. Find us at Coiner Park in downtown.
We will be running the Kids Zone and the theme this year is Opal Whiteley. All your favorite pioneer activities will be happening: Wash clothes on the washboard, pet the horse, work the loom, spin wool, make a corn doll, and make a leather bracelet. New this year will be a booth where you can make your own Fairy House and meet Opal Whiteley, the famous girl pioneer who communicated with animals and nature spirits. Take a picture with Opal!
Pioneer Living History Festival
at Singing Creek Educational Center & the Pioneer Schoolhouse
Located at Camas Country Mill Bakery, Junction City
Saturday June 23, 2018 10am to 4pm
Cost: $5 per person, children 3 and under are free
Location: Singing Creek Educational Center at Camas Country Bakery & Schoolhouse.
91948 Purkerson Rd, Junction City, OR.
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy hands-on family fun all day!
- Washing clothes pioneer-style
- Trappers camp with furs and trade goods
- Weaving on a loom/ try a drop spindle/ learn about plant cordage
- Make your own clay bead
- Learn basket weaving
- Try Spinning wool on the spinning wheel
- Try some local honey/ learn about beekeeping
- Play pioneer games: bean bag toss, knock the cans, and ring toss
- Pet a horse and watch him paint a picture with a paintbrush!
- Fiddle/Americana music all day
- Explore our nature touch table: animal furs, bones and more
- Watch the blacksmith at work
- Make a leather bracelet
- Learn about local history: Opal Whiteley, Pioneer settlers, and more
- Fabulous Raffle with prizes like quilts, books, massage and restaurant gift certificates, and more!
- Shop: beads, baskets, handmade soaps, and more!
- Enjoy fresh baked goodies and lunch from the Camas Country Mill Bakery on-site
- Try Lochmead chocolate ice cream
- and more!
Join us for Live Music!
|11:30-11:50||Kim Collar and Youth Fiddlers|
|11:50-1:20||Oregon Old-time Fiddlers|
Check out the Gossamer Strings website.
Watch a slideshow from the past three years of our festival:
Shop from these vendors at the festival:
Bear Mountain Honey
Delicious honey products
Beads, shells, coins and jewelry
Leather crafts for all
Lars Hedbor- Author
Tales from a Revolution
The location is the Pioneer Schoolhouse, built in 1898, just next door to the Camas Country Bakery & Farm Store.
You will need to sign our liability waiver upon entering the festival. Please no pets unless they are clearly marked assistance dogs. This is a drug and alcohol free event. Please respect the neighbors; this is private property.
Parking is on a flat gravel driveway or on a flat mowed lawn. Please carpool to minimize impact on the property.
Address: 91948 Purkerson Rd. Junction City, OR
From Eugene: Take Hwy 99 North past the Beltline and turn left on Meadowview. Follow the signs for the Camas Country Bakery and Schoolhouse. Turn right on Purkerson, which is 1.4 miles down.